Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A little positivity.

Prince has a few words on the subject...


Don't kiss the beast
We need love & honesty, peace & harmony
Positivity
Love & honesty, peace & harmony
I said, hold on 2 your soul,
U got a long way 2 go
sho' nuff, sho' nuff, sho' nuff


... some of which make sense, some which don't. Sho'nuff. Now that I'm done with that tangent, here's my actual post:


I'm feeling pretty good about things right now. It could be the fact that we are on the cusp of summer and when I look out my door, these are the shades I see:


Green Target
Jasper Johns
1955
Encaustic on newspaper and cloth over canvas


Pretty nice, right? I've got new plants in the ground, 1 1/2 weeks before students arrive, a happy dog, a class or two on the horizon, a new loaf of homemade bread, 14 (14!) rolls of film being developed, and time for possibilities. Not that I know what they are yet, but the prospect is exhilarating. I've been bouncing in and out of town all this spring, and now I'm ready to be here, just here, for awhile. I feel energized, ready to create, spend some time with old friends, meet some new ones, take in everything this place has to offer, and not get bogged down in the things that can make it trying at times. Sho' nuff.





No comments:

Post a Comment